Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving - an attitude of gratitude

I am so grateful to be in a nation that has a national holiday of gratitude. I know of no other nation that has such a holiday. Gratitude is such an important thing, a trait not easy to acquire, a characteristic of God. President Hinckley said that we were to be a positive people, cheerful and hopeful. I think negativity is easy to creep into our lives, our language, and our hearts.... and in doing so it keeps us from God. I think the cure and the secret to being positive and happy is simple, be grateful. In fact it's so simple it's hard. I remember there was one time in HS I, being a teenager was angry at my dad for who knows what. I went to my room and began to write in my journal, but instead of writing my bitter feelings I began to write all thinks I loved and was grateful for, what an amazing experience bringing an increase of love. Later when I was in Junior Miss I remember feeling so grateful and blessed that I couldn't think of anything I wanted to fast for come Fast Sunday. I just felt I had nothing I could ask for, so I had a gratitude fast. I wasn't sure it was "legal" but it felt right. It was one of the most amazing fasts I've ever had. All in all I am amazed at the power gratitude.I think there is little powerful than the power to change hearts, a power found in Christ. So this season my prayer and hope is to find the courage and faith in Christ to be more grateful. To find gratitude instead of negativity, self pity or disdain. To let gratitude help me find and come closer to my Savior!

Here are some pictures I have from this weekend! And People I'm grateful for.

The true way to a boys heart -----------food!

Beautiful ladies!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember going to the Junior Miss to watch you and I was in awe. You did so well, looked so beautiful, and when you did your talent I cried. Seriously. I cried. I was so proud of you! You are a beautiful person and we really need to get together!