Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dear Santa,

Christmas time is here again, a beautiful time of year.
Where voices rise with Christmas cheer.
The dark world bright with twinkling light,
yet love and kindness are the greatest sight.
A time to remember the Christ child sent to earth.
changing each and every heart with His birth
He who came here to live, die and live again
to save the world , each of us from sin.

So dear Santa for Christmas I don't ask much,
but help me give to those in need of lunch.
Help me see and hear the great and small
and give to them as He did for us all.
I may not be called to hang on a tree
but help me live that all may see,
A reflection and ember of He
who taught us how to live and be!

Ok, so maybe there is one thing I'd like to see
underneath my Christmas tree
For Christmas I'd like a diamond ring,
a husband for Christmas, that's a good thing.

Love Always,
Jene

4 comments:

Ammon Curtis said...

Nice poem! I like it! I hope you get your Christmas wish... I don't know if Santa can bring it but perhaps you will be able to.

Kathryn Olsen said...

Cute poem Jen. Nice rhyming and thoughtful. You are going to make a great wife and mother someday, you inspire me to be a better one! LOVE YOU!

Michelle said...

I love the poem! I also hope you get your Christmas wish. Thank you for being such a great sister and example.

Joyzelle said...

Great thoughts! You always capture the true spirit of things.